De Hvide Svaner is uniquely situated in a very beautiful nature setting. From the campsite you have a wonderful view of Karrebæk Fjord all the way to Karrebæksminde and Appenæs. And a few hundred meters from the campsite runs the Saltø stream.
Nature experiences around the campsite:
- Karrebæksminde is ideal for biking and hiking. Go all the way to the Enø grasslands and watch the beautiful birds of prey as they hunt and look for prey. Or go fishing along Vesterhave Beach. Your freshly caught garfish will reap praise when you get back to the campsite. And if you haven’t had any fishing luck, you can have all the fresh fish you can eat in one of the old fish restaurants by the canal on the way home.
- Bisserup is 7 kilometers away and definitely worth a trip. The shallow lagoon is an experience beyond the ordinary, just ask the many yachtsmen who have Bisserup as a fixed coordinate on their charts every summer. A fine network of hiking trails and the forest along the sea with a beautiful nature playground and a good fishmonger all make a day in Bisserup a great experience and something you must try.
- Cropped and beautiful biking routes are right there for you to use, all around De Hvide Svaner. Please stop by our Information desk and we will guide you and show you the most stunning bike rides, taking you through the finest parts of Southern Zealand’s scenery. There are biking routes for everyone.
- Mountainbike mecca. The forests around Næstved offer perfect moutainbike routes. The "Yellow trail" in the Herlufsholm Forest is fun for everyone. Experienced mountainbikers can test themselves on “The Champion Route” in Fruens Plantage. And for those who like to play and fool around on their bikes, there is a bike park in the rugged environment by the old paper mill.
- Canoeing on the Suså - Zealand's largest stream. Rent a canoe and start from the lock valve in Næstved. Padl past the historic old and very beautiful Herlufsholm Boarding School and continue along the winding river. This trip makes for a great experience for the whole family.
- Freedom of the Fjord. Take the tour boat “Friheden” (Freedom) from Næstved Harbour. Get off at Gavnø Castle to experience an interesting part of Danish history up close. Hop aboard again and continue to Karrebæksminde. Enjoy the fresh air and have a delicious meal on board. Please contact our reception for the boat schedule.
- In Fjordhuset in Karrebæksminde you can learn about the sea and how to do water sports safely. Rent a canoe or a kayak and let the instructor teach you how you to see the area from the seaside. Fjordhuset also offers workshops where children and their parents can get close to the local wildlife.